While the foreign exchange market –the world’s biggest financial market—has been growing steadily for decades, events around the world this year have caused a high degree of volatility. Here are the top events of the year with ripple effects throughout the foreign exchange market.
1. Brexit Read more: The Economic Impact of Brexit
2. U.S. Election/US Market at All-Time High Read more: What’s going on with the dollar?
3. OPEC Production Cut Read more: Oil jumps to highest since mid-2015
4. FOMC Rate Raise Read more: December Fed Meeting Preview and Forex Market Impact
5. CYSEC Proposal Read more: Tougher CySEC Regulations Leading to FX Brokerages seeking alternative jurisdictions
6. FCA Proposal Read more: FCA proposals for tougher regulations for retail CFD and FX
7. Euro-U.S. Dollar Parity Read more: EURUSD Parity analysis and trade ideas
8. Japanese Yen Slide Read more: Lone analyst to call Yen slide validated
For live FX rates, click here.